Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Am I the only person who foresees a dystopian future where every iPhone user is effectively turned into a "dealer" for Apple, hawking wares on every street corner...

Also, isn't WiFi faster than Bluetooth? Why not just use that?

The users rose from the ashes of the iPhone revolution. Their war to exterminate the competition had raged for decades, but the final battle would not be fought with new hardware. It would be fought here, in the App Store. Tonight...

They can't be bargained with! They can't be refunded with! They feel no pity, or remorse, or fiscal loss! And they absolutely will not stop until you buy one!!!

Well, I'm going back to work now.

dudun dun dudun!!!

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I hope this is nothing like 'squirting.'

It sounds exactly like squirting. And the sad part is, the same people that b****ed about Microsoft letting users share songs are going to be praising Apple for doing it, like it's the second coming, simply because they cannot see beyong Apple = Good, Microsoft = bad/greedy.

GenNovE

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2008
So your telling me apple is implementing a ZUNE feature into their lineup?
wow apple at it again revolutionizing the industry one idea at a time.:rolleyes:

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
So your telling me apple is implementing a ZUNE feature into their lineup?
wow apple at it again revolutionizing the industry one idea at a time.:rolleyes:

And in about 1 year, we will have people on here saying Apple has a patent for this.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
This "rumor" contains only the vaguest of indications as to the specifics of how it would work. (IF it's even true in the first place!)

I love how everyone has automatically implemented this functionality in their mind, decided how it works, and are already complaining about it.

C'mon people, let's see what happens before we start complaining.

Oops, forgot where I was for a sec... :eek:

DELLsFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
App sharing, sure - as long as it can turned off. Song sharing? Not gonna happen.

DRM goes bye bye on iTunes, and now you eggheads want to piss off Metallica again? :eek:

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
Feature Creep...

It sounds like they're planning on building SO many new features for iPhone 3.0+. I'm really curious to see how Apple is going to add all these new features and abilities without mucking up the user interface too much and overcomplicating things.

Hopefully they'll be able to pull off the wonderful and rare combination of power yet simplicity...

:)

antic

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2007
If you are a software developer it is a great way to get more people buying your games. For example, you could let your friend play the game over peer to peer via bluetooth a number of times without having to have the game installed. If you want to continue playing, then you have to purchase a copy for the other iphone / ipod touch.

chedda

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2006
Underwater
100% iphone ?

It's starting to look like 90% iphone news plus maybe 10% on another future mobile device hmmm. I know for apple it is strictly business, and their iphone model is good business. I would like to see a snow leopard centric wwdc. I guess they are still building the halo effect, it's a great way of getting apple out there to a wider audience and i expect in the long run other hardware will benefit.
On a seperate note i recently spoke to someone who had played with an apple wheel interface. I asked whether it was the iwheel device which appeared as a clever hoax on the onion ? He said no it was nothing like a jog wheel or griffin powermate. He was quite adamant that we would see it soon. The man was travelling through Cyprus from Dubai.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
i'm not so sure i want nearby people trying to get me to buy an app that they have. seems like it might get on my nerves a little

And it will be hard to take someone seriously when they recommend an app. At least now, I usually know they have no financial interest rec'ing an app.

chimerical

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2004
Sharing app with a guest for multiplayer like the DS

What I'd like to see is a guest mode where player 2 doesn't have the app, but can still play it when invited by player 1. (Think of the Nintendo DS.)

Andronicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2008
I might not understand this, but if i do then I like it.

I've always wanted a way to play a heads up or multiplayer game at work during down times (no wifi) with my friends who also have iPhones. Would be great if this is allowed that.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I find it weird that people are discrediting something just for being like the Zune, as if there's something inherently wrong with sharing just because Microsoft did it first with their device.

ablashek

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
Paraguay
iphone rumors.com

i'm sorry, i may not write a reply to every post on this site (like most of you) but i've been following this site every day for since 2003. And BY GOD am getting sick of it.

-I think there should have been a general email sent out to every stating that this was no longer the macrumors, but iphonerumors. Since its what this blog mainly talk about these days. Aren't there any good mac news out there?

-I'm getting faster mac news from other non-traditional sites like mac.softpedia.com than I get here.

-thirdly, I have a mainly mac office, with macs on each station and mac server 10.5. nobody is talking about Snow Leopard. I haven't known this little about new OS comming out since the iPhone was released! maybe there isn't much to be said, but at least it was fun reading the posibilities!!!

ok, I know many of you zealots will read this and say "if you dont' like it, get out." maybe i will, maybe i won't. All I know is I love macs, i love the ipod touch (dont' really think the iphone is worth the value, at least without the contract), and i used to love this page, and if it doesn't get back to being macrumors.com I will soon get my news from elsewhere!

thanks for reading those who did.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Or if you have a mac,you can highlight the word and then right click on the highlighted word and use look up in dictionary.... Simple

Or just right click on a word. No need to highlight it first.

Cartoonkid

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2009
i'm sorry, i may not write a reply to every post on this site (like most of you) but i've been following this site every day for since 2003. And BY GOD am getting sick of it.

-I think there should have been a general email sent out to every stating that this was no longer the macrumors, but iphonerumors. Since its what this blog mainly talk about these days. Aren't there any good mac news out there?

-I'm getting faster mac news from other non-traditional sites like mac.softpedia.com than I get here.

-thirdly, I have a mainly mac office, with macs on each station and mac server 10.5. nobody is talking about Snow Leopard. I haven't known this little about new OS comming out since the iPhone was released! maybe there isn't much to be said, but at least it was fun reading the posibilities!!!

ok, I know many of you zealots will read this and say "if you dont' like it, get out." maybe i will, maybe i won't. All I know is I love macs, i love the ipod touch (dont' really think the iphone is worth the value, at least without the contract), and i used to love this page, and if it doesn't get back to being macrumors.com I will soon get my news from elsewhere!

thanks for reading those who did.

I hear what you're sayin', but I'm not even a zealot and I say, "if you don't like it, don't read it". It's really that simple.

This certainly isn't the first website to have it's focus changed to what is hot at the time.

I'm sure when a new Mac comes out, nobody will be talking about the iPhone, so just bide your time and you'll be happy again.

ozzyman500

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2009
Guys, I believe 3.0 will be available during the WWDC event. Just take a look at your iPhone Version in iTunes, it says it will check next for an update 6/8/2009. That's all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.