Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
So I paid £1200 for a 256gb. Feel a little short changed I sold for £570. I’m back to using an IPhone 11 other than dynamic island I can’t see any difference. I’m debating if I should buy a 15 Pro or standard 15 when it will offer most of what this years Pro had. I never stick with “last years IPhone”. When I sold I had lot lots of scammers so may have to look at Apples recycle programme or a shop to sell to? Sadly often they offer even less than listing private or eBay. I’m pondering buying the 15 knowing if I sell for say £300-350 it won’t be a big financial hit. Takes me about two months to save for the Pro and hit by scammers who tried to scam me and swap for blocked phone and also knock price down. That’s why I’m thinking I need to spend less on phone? any advice? Plus this years Pro seems a “S” update.

• Haha
Reactions: Oluwasanme

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
There isn’t much of a difference between the Regular and Pro models. If you need the extra camera lens and you’re dependent on 120hz screens, pick the Pro. If I were you, I’d just go with the Regular model as the financial hit is a lot less severe. You should also look at the Apple Upgrade Programme which is designed for people who wish to upgrade their iPhones to the newest model each year.

Reactions: Sorinut

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
There isn’t much of a difference between the Regular and Pro models. If you need the extra camera lens and you’re dependent on 120hz screens, pick the Pro. If I were you, I’d just go with the Regular model as the financial hit is a lot less severe. You should also look at the Apple Upgrade Programme which is designed for people who wish to upgrade their iPhones to the newest model each year.
How does the upgrade programme work? Do I take it to Apple Store? I notice you can trade in when you buy but not sure how it all works

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
There are lots of options if you want to sell you phone hassle free.

Send in: Music MagPie, Backmarket
In-person: CEX, iStore

Go to their website to run quotes. The trade-in value will also depend on the condition on your phone e.g dents and scratches.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Spend what you can afford without breaking the bank. I always get pro max. I never get regular. Why? Well because I can afford it and I want the full featured phone. That's all. I've been on AUP for 4 years now.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
How does the upgrade programme work? Do I take it to Apple Store? I notice you can trade in when you buy but not sure how it all works
The AUP is basically an iPhone subscription which you pay monthly.

The subscription differs in price depending on which phone you select and includes AppleCare+. At the end of the 11-12 months, you hand in or send away your phone to Apple and they’ll replace it with the newest model.

It’s probably the easiest way to own the newest phone without having to bother haggling for the best price to sell your old phone & opening yourself up to scams, etc…

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Yep I seen they offer a good price but if ur says “good” or something it’s less than I get at Cex. My worry is posting it and send a low offer back. Or it gets lost?
If you want peace of mind or hassle trade-in, then do so in person. There are lots of stores that buy iPhones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.