Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
Pricing is different for mobile devices and laptops.

I set the iPhone user agent on the development menu in Safari and paid the mobile pricing on my Macbook Air.

starnyc

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
iOS is more useful

If android were useful, it's usage would reflect its "activations". On cramped planes android people get to sit next to apple people and feel buyers remorse up close and personal.

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
On my last two trips I made it a point to observe what phones/tablets people were using. At first I saw 3GS and 4 everywhere. Then I noticed one thing - the other people pulling out their phones to make or take a call - and coincidentally or not - every single time the phone they pulled out was Android or Blackberry. I think Android and BB people are less OCD and just don't seem to flaunt their phones without reason.

iPads and Kindles were common sight in the plane itself - I was the only one having a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the executive sitting besides me was hell bent on calling it Samsung's iPad - a lot of explaining was in order!

kdarling

macrumors P6
On cramped planes android people get to sit next to apple people and feel buyers remorse up close and personal.

You don't even need a combination of an Android and Apple users.

Anyone can be remorseful that they bought a seat ticket right next to somebody who insists on using their media player at full volume, or talking loudly on their phone up until the last second possible, or trying to prop up their tablet behind their food tray so they can keep killing pigs while eating :)

It's almost as bad as those who turn on their smartphone displays while in a dark theatre.

(j/k ... yes, I know you meant being jealous of the other's device. I've seen that go both ways.)

danfrumkin

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011
Comfort level of iPhone as a computer

iPhones are sold as computers and most android devices are sold as cellphones.

I think this is the key. Folks with Android phones aren't yet comfortable to use them as computers as iPhone users. It may be that the iPhone has been available longer and travelers are more comfortable thinking of the iPhone as their only device.

I think that it is also neat to see that iPad (about a third) and Macs, make up more that half of the "large" devices. Esp when iPad + Macs is much less than 50% in sales.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
I wonder which operating system for smartphones is most prevalent coming from jails and prisons in the United States?

cozmot

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, DC
On my last two trips I made it a point to observe what phones/tablets people were using. At first I saw 3GS and 4 everywhere. Then I noticed one thing - the other people pulling out their phones to make or take a call - and coincidentally or not - every single time the phone they pulled out was Android or Blackberry. I think Android and BB people are less OCD and just don't seem to flaunt their phones without reason.

So, I'm curious, exactly how were the OCD Apple users flaunting their phones without reason?

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
So, I'm curious, exactly how were the OCD Apple users flaunting their phones without reason?

It's all about picking sides. Every time an Android user pulls out his or her phone, it's to be productive. Whereas Apple users are status conscious idiots who like to flash their overpriced, locked-down, underpowered, pretty devices for all to see.

More or less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.