Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
Those who owns and use the latest SE - how is it like using it in 2024? I’m more interested to know the battery life on a day to day basis.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
I can’t speak too much about battery life as I don’t own one however I can assure you that the A15 chip is still considered high end and runs iOS and all applications without any lag or slowdown.

The battery life on the SE line isn’t great so it depends on how much you use your phone on a daily basis. I am quite a heavy user so I went with the iPhone 13.

Reactions: Al Rukh

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
Those who owns and use the latest SE - how is it like using it in 2024? I’m more interested to know the battery life on a day to day basis.

Price aside, the latest SE still works perfectly now days.
As for the battery life, it depends whats your daily usage, but can easily hold the all day if you’re not heavy user.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013

Performance is great but battery life has never been its strong suit.

I’m a light user so I normally charge it once every 1-2 days. When we went on vacation and it was seeing much heavier use, I had to charge it midday with a power bank.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
Performance is great but battery life has never been its strong suit.

I’m a light user so I normally charge it once every 1-2 days. When we went on vacation and it was seeing much heavier use, I had to charge it midday with a power bank.

I see. Can you share more on your usage habits? Do you consume videos and web browsing?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I see. Can you share more on your usage habits? Do you consume videos and web browsing?

At home and work, the SE3 is on standby most of the time. It gets less than 10 minutes daily average onscreen time as I prefer to use iPads.

On vacation, it got used a lot for Facebook messenger (including audio and video calls), camera, GPS and ride sharing, Google search for restaurants, etc.

Not much streaming videos or leisure web browsing though. Those I do on the iPad when we’re back at the Airbnb.

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Went back to one recently. Been using it for a couple of months now (plenty of time to get used to the size, screen, etc.). Honestly, I'm really liking it. Performance is fine. Camera is good enough. Battery life is just ok. I'm not a heavy user - occasional video streaming - but mostly just texts, emails, internet, day to day logistical life stuff. I plug it in my truck on the way home and occasionally at my office if I didn't have it plugged in over night, and never have issues running out. There are days where I definitely don't have to do that either. If you're streaming a lot of videos, or taking a lot of videos, it's probably not the one for you b/c the battery will be a hindrance. But otherwise it's a great little device in 2024, especially for the price. Though I'd recommend finding one for less than full retail - I bought a "new" one that still allowed me to add AppleCare Plus from a reputable seller on Swappa, for about 30% less than retail.

Last edited:

Viale Montanane

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2021
Barely lasts 12 hours. Also has a strange quirk - after restart the login screen has no keyboard and seems no way to get it except to visit the start screen (click side button) and then home button.

Last edited:

NeonIbis

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2020
Mine was great - I was using it till late 2023 when I got the 15 Pro (because I wanted the better camera, not because there was anything wrong with the SE). It seemed very fast and battery life was much better than the SE2. I gave the SE3 to my father and he can go two days or more without charging it.

Homme

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Sydney
i have been using my SE 2022 since launch day and it’s so close to 2 years since it came out and battery capacity is at 86% which is amazing because when I used it after almost 7 months it finally dropped to 99% ( SE 2020 would drop to 99% after 2-3 months)

PatrixUSA

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2023
Been using the SE 3rd gen since AUG 2023... not a heavy user of videos or streaming, etc. on a daily basis, but on average can usually get 1½ to 2 days out of a full charge with moderate use (emails, texting, internet browsing, app use, etc.), 1 day with heavier use (facetime, whatsapp video calls, etc.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.