Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marseillan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
Just spent several hours talking with Bose and Apple about sound distortion between the SE and the Bose Revolve+ bluetooth speaker. No problem for the SE with sound distortion on older Bose bluetooth devices (Soundlink Mini, QC headphones). Also no crackling or distortion between an IPhone 11 and the Revolve+. Which suggests that the bluetooth technology on the SE wasn't updated for the 2nd generation release and isn't compatible with newer bluetooth devices.
So be aware of this when buying the SE.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Just spent several hours talking with Bose and Apple about sound distortion between the SE and the Bose Revolve+ bluetooth speaker. No problem for the SE with sound distortion on older Bose bluetooth devices (Soundlink Mini, QC headphones). Also no crackling or distortion between an IPhone 11 and the Revolve+. Which suggests that the bluetooth technology on the SE wasn't updated for the 2nd generation release and isn't compatible with newer bluetooth devices.
So be aware of this when buying the SE.
I'm not so sure that's what it suggests because it was updated:

1597675481680.png

Marseillan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
I'm not so sure that's what it suggests because it was updated:

View attachment 944887
Yes, you're right. I just checked and realized I was wrong. So now I have no idea why the connection problems. Can't be the speaker because it works with the 11, can't be the SE 'cos it works with headphones and can't be the music because it works on everything else. If anyone has any thoughts I'd really appreciate it. It's driving me crazy.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
To me it sounds like some type of interference issue, but I have no specific suggestions other than following all of the troubleshooting steps suggested in Apple's and Bose's support articles.

Marseillan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
I've rebooted the speaker and phone, reloaded the problem albums, updated all the software and tried playing it in airplane mode. How would I check out a hardware problem?

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
I've rebooted the speaker and phone, reloaded the problem albums, updated all the software and tried playing it in airplane mode. How would I check out a hardware problem?
Apple Store, OR, call their help line and go through phone support. They may have you send in phone for repair.

I had faulty earpods, and they had me ship in the faulty ones AFTER the replacements they sent me came in through the mail.

Good luck! (Call Apple)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.