Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
I wonder if you can take a JB iPhone and tether it to and iPad. That way you dont have to get the 3g chip.

OpenWheelFan

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
You'd have to have a means to get the signal to the iPad, and the only connector on the iPad is the dock connector. Well, plus the iPad would have to be JB, too, to accept and use the signal.

Not terribly likely.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
You'd have to have a means to get the signal to the iPad, and the only connector on the iPad is the dock connector. Well, plus the iPad would have to be JB, too, to accept and use the signal.

Not terribly likely.

To get the signal to the iPad, you would use the wifi it has. And im guessing you could get the cydia app that lets you turn your iPhone in to a wireless router and the iPad wouldnt have to be JB either.

Shenaniganz08

Cancelled
Jan 26, 2010
Yes the app is called MiWi ( JB , install rock then download app)

It costs 10 bucks, but having a personal wifi router where ever I go is pretty nifty

imacdaddy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
That's the million dollar question. And one I hope gets resolved before I buy.

Indeed that's the million dollar question. Redundant to carry both an iPhone and an iPad outside the house when I already have 3G on the iPhone and can go online on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.