Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What was your result of applying for Apple's Upgrade Program

• Total voters

TVProducer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
Hey Everyone,

So i have roamed far and wide on the internet for the average credit score that citizen's is approving for their finance programs/upgrade program. What i gathered from the 2015 launch is that people with excellent credit were being denied while people with average (580-690) credit were being approved.

Now as you all are aware by now every upgrade comes with a new credit check as it is a "new" loan. What i am hoping to gather from this is an average credit score of approval and denial to help not only myself but others as well.

ramonabynes

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2016
I was approved this morning. According to creditkarma.com, equifax reported something like a 775 to citizens bank this morning. My score has gone down 3 points from the hard inquiry. I actually thought I had something like a 740, but I don't think creditkarma scores are exact? It's probably close though

TVProducer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
I was approved this morning. According to creditkarma.com, equifax reported something like a 775 to citizens bank this morning. My score has gone down 3 points from the hard inquiry. I actually thought I had something like a 740, but I don't think creditkarma scores are exact? It's probably close though
Yeah they are ballpark, but obviously it isn't just the number a lender looks at but tthe reason for that number.. i wish i could add to the poll something like # of credit inquiries existing

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
Hey Everyone,

So i have roamed far and wide on the internet for the average credit score that citizen's is approving for their finance programs/upgrade program. What i gathered from the 2015 launch is that people with excellent credit were being denied while people with average (580-690) credit were being approved.

Now as you all are aware by now every upgrade comes with a new credit check as it is a "new" loan. What i am hoping to gather from this is an average credit score of approval and denial to help not only myself but others as well.

It just seems retarded to do. You may as well get a credit card with a stellar sign up bonus like the chase sapphire reserved or one with a bonus and free interest rate and buy an unlocked one.

ramonabynes

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2016
It just seems retarded to do. You may as well get a credit card with a stellar sign up bonus like the chase sapphire reserved or one with a bonus and free interest rate and buy an unlocked one.
Not if you don't want to keep the phone. I'd rather pay half and give it back. And actually citizen's will be charging my chase sapphire preferred monthly. So I still get the points eventually

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Yeah, Credit Karma's scores can vary wildly from what the actual bureaus are reporting at the given time. CK was showing mine as a LOT lower than any of the major bureaus a while back--I about had a stroke when I saw that.

Reactions: ramonabynes

ETechMaster2002

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2016
Would someone with a 599 credit score get accepted. I live 142 miles away from an Apple Store and it would suck to get denied after that long drive.

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
I find this topic interesting. I've wondered myself, but stayed with Verizon financing.
[doublepost=1473639939][/doublepost]
Would someone with a 599 credit score get accepted. I live 142 miles away from an Apple Store and it would suck to get denied after that long drive.
I hear you. I live about 2.5 hours away from the closest Apple Store too.

Don't forget, you have to present a valid credit card as well. Just ID and a credit score isn't enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.