Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darkhorse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Hi,
Part of my reasoning for getting a new powerbook was to have a speedier way to edit my images. Well my 1.5ghz is indeed faster in this regard BUT I'm having a problem with iPhoto.

I can't drag multiple photos into photoshop for some reason. I don't know why.

Any help you could give would be great.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Darkhorse said:
Can no one help me? :confused:

how have you tried? i just highlighted two photos in iPhoto and dragged them to my PS icon in my doc and it opened them both up no problem

Darkhorse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
When I first got the pb i could do the same. I could drag 10 or more images from iPhoto to the ps icon and boom, no problem. It's weird.

Maybe I changed a setting but I can't pin down what it is.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
give it a try with a photo from your desktop and see if that works, it might not be a iPhoto problem, but an issue with OS X, as this is a function of the OS and not necessarily iPhoto, you should be able to drag any file to the appropriate program and have it open it up, as far as i know there is no setting for this anywhere in OS X, but i could be wrong

repairing permissions might help, something could have gotten screwed up

Darkhorse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
I can only drag an drop an individual photo from iphoto to the desktop, or to an app.

In finder I can drag multiple things just fine, i can drag multiple emails from Mail to my desktop as well. Doing something the permissions didn't seem to help.

Odd problem.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i would send in a bug report to apple

the only other thing i can think of is to delete your preferences for iPhoto and see if that does any good, its certainly an odd problem though

Darkhorse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Ditching the prefs was one of the first things I did. No luck unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Do you have PS defined as the external editor in iPhoto, and does highlighting the multiple photos and, right-clicking and choosing "Edit in External Editor" work?

Darkhorse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
That sortah works, it'll only open 4 images at a time though.
I also did this before but I didn't want to always load an image into photoshop when I doubleclick in iPhoto just to get a closer look.
Thanks though.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Darkhorse said:
That sortah works, it'll only open 4 images at a time though.
I also did this before but I didn't want to always load an image into photoshop when I doubleclick in iPhoto just to get a closer look.
Thanks though.

At least in the version I have, you can set the image editor, and then turn off the double-click thing, and it will still work with a right click. That's how I have it set up. But agreed, it's not exactly what you're looking for. I use GIMP, but multi-image drops onto its icon work fine for me. So I'm befuddled. :( Sorry!

Darkhorse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Problem solved!
I looked on the Apple website and the answer was surprisingly easy to find. What I did was upon installing fonts from my old PB, I forgot to enable Helvetica... this was apparently the source of the problem. Once enabled the problem was solved :)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Darkhorse said:
Problem solved!
I looked on the Apple website and the answer was surprisingly easy to find. What I did was upon installing fonts from my old PB, I forgot to enable Helvetica... this was apparently the source of the problem. Once enabled the problem was solved :)

whoa, i wouldnt have ever thought a font would be the problem here, but im glad you got things working, and thanks for posting the fix for it for future reference

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.