Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
I use iPhoto to store all of my pictures and videos the problem is it will not allow me to email videos sometimes I need to send those videos to my phone or another email is there a way around this or should I use another program?

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Drag and drop the video onto the Desktop, and then attach it to your email. As Gwendolini says, the video maybe too large to send, depending on the size limits for attachments with your email app. Also, the recipient's Inbox may not be big enough to receive it.

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
Thank you, sorry I checked email notification but never received one. I would like to keep the video the same size, is there a better option to store my photos/videos?

thank you

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Where you store your videos won't effect the size or the ability to email them, so keep them in iPhoto.

If you have a large video that you want to email, then use something like Dropbox. You upload the video to your Dropbox account, then email a link to that video to your friend. Only they can access that video, and they can either watch it online or download it to their computer.
https://www.dropbox.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.