Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoonCow

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
can this program get any more annoying? whenever i want to find a picture, i am forced to search through about 30 'rolls', i have about 50 pictures in the 'modified' folder, and in most of the rolls there are only 1 picture. so you can see how this can get annoying.

how do i change it so everything stays in ONE or TWO files and so i can find my pictures easily instead of having to search through billions of rolls? :mad: :(

MoonCow

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
also, inside the actual program, it organizes everything into years, 2001, 2002, 2003 etc. how does it figure that a bunch of photos taken/added in 2006 were taken or added to the computer or iphoto in 2003 or 2004? i don't understand any of this. it's just so annoying. why can't it just work and be simple?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
You should not be looking through iPhoto's folder structure. If you want an image find it in iPhoto. If you want to use it somewhere else just drag it out of iPhoto. If you assign sensible keywords to your photos you will be able to find the image you want quickly.

Pictures can contain additional metadata in XCIF tags. Some of this data is put there by the camera including the date and time the picture was taken. iPhoto uses this to decide what year the picture belongs in.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
MoonCow said:
can this program get any more annoying? whenever i want to find a picture, i am forced to search through about 30 'rolls', i have about 50 pictures in the 'modified' folder, and in most of the rolls there are only 1 picture. so you can see how this can get annoying.

how do i change it so everything stays in ONE or TWO files and so i can find my pictures easily instead of having to search through billions of rolls? :mad: :(

Well you could start by organising your photos into albums...or you could simply turn film roll view off (iPhoto/View/Film Rolls).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.