Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dummptyhummpty

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2005
I just got my first mac (Powerbook) and i'm in the process of copying over my photos from my PC. Most of the photos on my pc are sorted by date
(My Pictures/2005/7-2-05/) and i'm not sure how to copy them to the mac. Should I just copy the files over and then import them in to iPhoto or should I just import them directly into iPhoto from the pc (over the network with out copying them to the mac). Thanks!

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Spaceboy464 said:
I just got my first mac (Powerbook) and i'm in the process of copying over my photos from my PC. Most of the photos on my pc are sorted by date
(My Pictures/2005/7-2-05/) and i'm not sure how to copy them to the mac. Should I just copy the files over and then import them in to iPhoto or should I just import them directly into iPhoto from the pc (over the network with out copying them to the mac). Thanks!
I would just drag and drop from over the network. iPhoto makes its own copy. Just be sure its a reliable network, because you don't want it to drop in the middle of an import.

dummptyhummpty

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Daveway said:
I would just drag and drop from over the network. iPhoto makes its own copy. Just be sure its a reliable network, because you don't want it to drop in the middle of an import.

Ya I noticed that, so that is why I asked. Ya the network is pertty reliable, i'm right next to the basestation any way :) thanks again!

Lucky8

macrumors regular
May 18, 2005
Daveway said:
Are you saying drag & drop into iPhoto or into one of the folders?
:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.