Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmackin

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2004
Chennai , India
So i gave in my 10 gb 1st gen ipod for a battery replacement . the first replacement crapped out after a month .. the 2nd one had a dead battery after 2 days and the 3rd one was dead on arrival .. so now i've got my 4th one and it's acting a little strange with random resets and battery going down really quick.. now i'm no stranger to iPods this one being the very 1st one i got .
now what ??? shud i call apple ? Is this kind of thing acceptable ?

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
pmackin said:
So i gave in my 10 gb 1st gen ipod for a battery replacement . the first replacement crapped out after a month .. the 2nd one had a dead battery after 2 days and the 3rd one was dead on arrival .. so now i've got my 4th one and it's acting a little strange with random resets and battery going down really quick.. now i'm no stranger to iPods this one being the very 1st one i got .
now what ??? shud i call apple ? Is this kind of thing acceptable ?
Pmackin, why would you waste all that time after 2 even 3 battery issues? iPods aren't meant to last forever, looks like you may just want to sell it for parts or keep it and pick up a replacement. There is little you can probably do that would be worth the price to keep your 1G around when the price of new or refurbs are where they are now.

pmackin

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2004
Chennai , India
yea, i guess it's time to move on ... but man i loved the scroll wheel ! guess i'll just keep the next replacement i get in the do not steal music wrapper . btw i do have 3 other pod's a 20 b/w a mini 1g an a 30 vdo.. it's just the sentimental value i guess

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
pmackin said:
yea, i guess it's time to move on ... but man i loved the scroll wheel ! guess i'll just keep the next replacement i get in the do not steal music wrapper . btw i do have 3 other pod's a 20 b/w a mini 1g an a 30 vdo.. it's just the sentimental value i guess
I'm the same way. The 1G started the whole iTunes revolution that we have today. I'd be battery-swapping too. :p

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
MattyMac said:
But First Generations are Awesome!

...why not be original and rock that thing out.

Because new stuff always work better. More features, larger capacity, color display, better battery life, brighter display, gapless playback.... and that is not even touching on the extras like video playback and games.

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
pmackin said:

i would suggest retireing it. Go out and buy one of those glass display case things, put your 1G in there and put it on the self. Good converstation starter and a reminder of the good ole days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.