Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
My iPod alarm doesn't seem to work any more... Ever since i updated to software version 2.3 it doesn't seem to beep anymore like it did with 2.2...

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
ummm, Did you not wake up for school/work this morning..cause that would stink....
my sleep timer works.... :rolleyes:

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
yea when i go into the clock area where it shows the time, u can set an alarm so it beeps.. thing is.. mine doesn't even after i have it set up... anybody have any insight on this? :confused:

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
hey i tried it like 5 times... and it doesn't work.. like ill have it set for 10:12 and wait for it to be 10:12 and no beep... whats wrong here.. this is relly buggin me... does this qualify for a replacement? my pod is still under that one year warrenty.

FrancisSawyer

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2004
Well, it doesn't work anyway.

My iPod has version 2.2 software, and even with a playlist set up, the only option for an alarm sound is "beep".

Hm, a device that primarily plays music, yet your only option for an alarm is "beep." Sad.

annushka

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2005
ipod alarm

Sorry this is much later: did you ever figure out the problem w/ your iPod alarm? Mine stopped working a few days ago (doesn't come on at the scheduled time as it used to). You think I should reset?

toezter

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2004
Madison, WI
9/20, yikes

but yeah, i've noticed that the "beep" doesn't work in the newest update.

but what i've done is to make the alarm play from one of my playlists. so when my music suddenly changes, i know the alarm has hit.

its really useful if get to class early and sleep for a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.