Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
I've had my 3G iPod for quite some time now (nearly 2 years) but I've run into a bizarre problem recently. For whatever reason, any alarms I've set in iCal now go off on the iPod 4 hours late, every time, for any alarm. The time zone and clock are set correctly on the iPod and the Mac I sync it with, and the alarms used to work correctly. It's not a big deal right now during the summer, but once classes start up again in the next couple weeks I'd really like the alarms to be functional—they help keep me on schedule when I'm on campus. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this bizarre problem? It's running iPod Software v2.3, my Mac is running Tiger 10.4.2 and iTunes 4.9.

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
Cless said:
I've had my 3G iPod for quite some time now (nearly 2 years) but I've run into a bizarre problem recently. For whatever reason, any alarms I've set in iCal now go off on the iPod 4 hours late, every time, for any alarm. The time zone and clock are set correctly on the iPod and the Mac I sync it with, and the alarms used to work correctly. It's not a big deal right now during the summer, but once classes start up again in the next couple weeks I'd really like the alarms to be functional—they help keep me on schedule when I'm on campus. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this bizarre problem? It's running iPod Software v2.3, my Mac is running Tiger 10.4.2 and iTunes 4.9.

i'm on 10.4.3, with a 5G ipod and itunes 6.0.1. i just realized i had the same problem a few minutes ago and went thread-searching. anyways, try enabling time zones in the advanced option of ical prefs, and then set your time zone in the upper-right corner of ical. quit ical, itunes, address book, and then sync the ipod. i haven't synched yet, but i hope it'll work!

EDIT mine goes of 5 hours late.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.