iPod Alternative....MPIO FL100

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mbutlerdelrio, May 23, 2003.

1. mbutlerdelrio macrumors newbie

This is a very good alternative to iPod if you just want music. Comes in 128 MB, and 256 MB. It is upgradeable via SD memory cards. My co-worker has one and I just bought 2 for myself and my wife.

www.swdeals.com has them for a good price with free shipping and tax if you say you saw it on pricewatch.com

Oh......it also integrates with iTunes 2, 3, 4. It's a smooth and slick interface.

1. http://gear.ign.com/articles/383/383286p1.html
    2. http://electronics.cnet.com/electro...html?tag=subnav
    3. http://www.mpio.com/product/product...d=17&category=1

~rio :cool:

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Very nice, although I would suggest that it was not meant to compete with the iPod directly. But for anyone that doesn't need or want 30 GB's of music storage, and therefore want a smaller, cheaper alternative, that looks awesome!

JW

3. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Yeah, i cant see it as a competitor to the iPod but it sure is a nice little Mp3 player.

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

seems like a great solution if you dont plan on having lots of songs on a player at the same time.

iJon

5. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

does anyone know of any compact flash media mp3 players?

6. mbutlerdelrio thread starter macrumors newbie

7. sparks9 macrumors 6502a

I actually considered buying one of these, but you really can't compared it to the ipod. what is 128 mb (or 256) compared to the ipods 10-30 gb?? nothing.

But yeah the FL100 definitely looks like a very good player especially if you have no need to carry your hole music library or if you want to use it while doing sport activities or the like.

I would definitely buy this one over one of those sony mp3 players (the ones using memory stick).

8. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

iPod is the best..

This thing is no alternative for iPod...

Maybe "archos" or other "archos-like" products can be an alternative for iPod but they look more like brick then a mp3 player...

iPod is the best in size, sound quality and of course design!...

9. ilben77 macrumors newbie

Re: iPod is the best..

Ipod is the best in design and size, but i read several reviews where they compared a lot of mp3 players including the Ipod, the conclusion was the Creative Zen had the best sound quality, followed by the Ipod (by a small margin though)