iPod app replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sentinelsx, Jan 22, 2013.

1. macrumors 68010

Feb 28, 2011
    Hello all. Having replaced photos with photomanagerpro, videos with AVplayer, and using goodreader as my pdf reader, i have pretty much managed to bypass mandatory itunes usage.

However, one thing remains, music. Does anyone know of a music player that i can copy files to iPhone using wifi, or using open in from a file manager app in iOS like iFiles, or *cringe* iTunes file sharing (read: NOT syncing - just transfer) and play them? I know there are apps like track 8 etc as alternative players, but they do not mention if they support this file management support, and i do not want to spend $2.99 or up just to test these apps and find out they do not do the job.

Thanks a lot in advance!
  2. macrumors regular

Jul 6, 2011
    You can use Google Music player. There are free downloads in the AppStore and you just need to download the plugin on your computer and sync all your music into it. I believe you do need a data connection to stream the music but once the music is synced it will always be available as long as you have an Internet connection. And doing it this way saves a lot of your storage space
  3. macrumors 68000

Oct 15, 2008
  4. thread starter macrumors 68010

Feb 28, 2011
    That is cool but I want a local solution. Not really a sync guy. Thanks for the tip though :)

We do not get along well :)
  5. macrumors 68040

Jan 6, 2005
  6. thread starter macrumors 68010

Feb 28, 2011
  7. thread starter macrumors 68010

Feb 28, 2011
    So i found AVplayer finally got updated and available again which is great. What is bad is it functions more as a video player, hence i have to double click home to continue play back after minimizing the app. Ugh.