Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BagelTycoon

macrumors member
Original poster
My local paper had a CompUSA sales flier in today's paper saying that 10% savings would be given "instantly on any single item" purchased on Sunday, Jan. 18 or Monday, Jan. 19, 2004.

The fine print says that "Must present coupon to receive 10% instant savings. Excludes Notebooks & Desktops." All HP & Compaq products were also excluded, but Apple products [except for the all notebooks and desktops exclusion] were not.

Except for the obvious notebook and desktop exclusion [aw shucks, no G5 discount], that would mean you can get 10% off on the purchase of one (1) great Apple item tomorrow and Monday, like an iPod, or an Apple monitor, or an iSight, or Final Cut Pro...you get the idea.

Peace. Just wanted to share the savings :)

thetman

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2003
hm post the page. i work at Cusa and spent my time tonite as door greater reading through tomorrows flyer. didnt see anyhting of 10% off any singel item what page was this on

BagelTycoon

macrumors member
Original poster
re: CompUSA discounts

Originally posted by thetman
hm post the page. i work at Cusa and spent my time tonite as door greater reading through tomorrows flyer. didnt see anyhting of 10% off any singel item what page was this on

The coupon is on the 1st page of a separate 4-page vertically-position insert that wraps around a 16 page flyer. The coupon page is titled 7 Days of Savings! Sunday, Jaunary 18th - Saturday, January 24th

I could be wrong, but I think posting an actual copy of the coupon on the web violates some federal law.

The entire language on the coupon reads:

"2 Days Only! Coupon Valid Sunday, January 18 & Monday, January 19. SAVE AN ADDITIONAL 10% INSTANTLY on any single item! Must present coupon to receive 10% savings. Excludes Notebooks & Desktops. [Upside-down triangle symbol] See page 14."

Again, the fine print on page 14 next to the upsidedown triangle excludes only HP and Compaq products, but not Apple. Sweet.

So that 10% single item savings would apply to things like Apple Cinema displays, iPods, mongo-Plasma TVs, etc.

If that's not the case, I think there's a good basis for a for a lawsuit in many states ...

Attachments

• cusap14fineprint.jpg
    cusap14fineprint.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 214

thetman

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2003
sorry, my fault what happened is that i snatched one up after they removed that page. we didnt offer the 10% unless you brought the coupon in yourself. so we removed all the front pages from the ad

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
i bought a 15 gb ipod+compusa warranty for a total of 287.99 at the nashua compusa today... that 10% coupon finally brought the ipod within my purchasing power :D :D

thetman

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2003
congratulations on your ipod. you WILL love it , mine hit the three month mark on saturday. i cant believe its been that long. maybe soon it will be time to ask her the big ?. (the ? being what happens if they release a new model)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.