iPod - backlight query/rant

Discussion in 'iPod' started by One Bad Duck, Dec 29, 2007.

1. macrumors member

One Bad Duck

Hi guys, sorry if this is already discussed, couldn't find it.

Basically, a current ipod annoyance of mine is when I hear a great track or I want to see how far in the track I am, but its dark, ALL I want is a button to light the thing up. Instead the nearest thing I have to do is wiggle the volume, all other buttons do drastic things like pause it or change track.

A slight gripe but ever so annoying in these winter months, is there anything easier?

2. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. macrumors 68000

student_trap

it wont help your battery, but you could set the backlight to be on continuously in the settings menu

4. macrumors 6502

wallaby

Hah. Hope the OP has a portable recharging station, because that thing isn't going to last long on continuous backlight.

5. macrumors newbie

I just touch the scroll wheel on my ipods (5G and 3G Nano) and they light up, no need to actually move the volume, just some solid contact w/ a fingertip and it seems to light up- I do it at the gym all the time.
    Does this work for anyone else?

6. macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I hit the select button in the middle. The worst it does (on the older ipods) is gives you more info about the current song playing or puts you into fast forward mode.