iPod Classic capacity on iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod' started by keziapurrs, May 3, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

keziapurrs

I sure wish Apple would make an iPod Touch with the capacity of the iPod Classic. I've had my Classic for years, and won't "upgrade" because of the storage limitations of the Touch. I keep just about all of my music on my Classic and wouldn't know what to leave off to size down to a Touch. I know it would cost an arm and a leg, but I'd be willing to save for it.

Would anyone else want one of these?

2. macrumors newbie

I've wondered the same

I love my classic, but would love even more a 128gig ipod touch with the cloud integration--that would be amazing. Can't figure out why Apple hasn't done that yet.

3. macrumors member

Having made the return back to a classic after running out of space on a 32 gig touch, I would say that purely based on storage a resounding maybe. I had forgotten how much easier a classic is to use as purely a music player. I'd personally shell out more for a flash based classic than a larger capacity touch as the slight lag between it loading off the hdd is my only real complaint about the classic.

4. macrumors 6502a

My 160GB Classic still makes the daily drive with me to work and is used for 6-8 hours each and every work day. It's been my best friend for the past several years.

I have no idea if they ever will make a 120GB or 160GB Touch.

5. macrumors regular

Agreed! Skipping tracks, volume and a lot of other controls are just way easier to do on the Classic touchwheel just on a tactile basis. Doing the same functions with iOS and a touchscreen is WAY more fiddly and requires a lot more attention.