Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2018
Hi, My iPod ( 160GB) plays no longer stereo, it's not the headphones, I discovered that after I tried several new ones… All of a sudden I only hear a mono sound, what can it be? Thanks for your kind help!

zedhed

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2018
Hi, My iPod ( 160GB) plays no longer stereo, it's not the headphones, I discovered that after I tried several new ones… All of a sudden I only hear a mono sound, what can it be? Thanks for your kind help!

Probably the headphone jack. Spares can be found on ebay from Chinese sellers. Opening an iPod Classic, though, is difficult. Check out iFixIt.com for instructions.

Thilus

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2015
Bielefeld, Germany
Did you try to clean the headphone jack? I had some problems with the jack on my iPhone 5s. After a careful cleaning with a pair of tweezers it worked like on day one.

carino

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2018
Probably the headphone jack. Spares can be found on ebay from Chinese sellers. Opening an iPod Classic, though, is difficult. Check out iFixIt.com for instructions.
Thanks, I found a place in Holland that can repair it for around 35 euros! But not in Belgium... It is the headphone jack, I cleaned it many times with little brusch for between teeth and I vacuum cleaned it softly, but the problem is in the contact. When I put the headphones only 1/2 in the iPod then I hear stereo, but with the slightest movement it turn int mono.
[doublepost=1540307159][/doublepost]
Did you try to clean the headphone jack? I had some problems with the jack on my iPhone 5s. After a careful cleaning with a pair of tweezers it worked like on day one.
I cleaned it many times with little brusch for between teeth and I vacuum cleaned it softly, the problem is in the contact. When I put the headphones only 1/2 in the iPod then I hear stereo, but with the slightest movement it turn into mono.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.