Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

violetgoose

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Texas
I think my black iPod Classic (80gb) is broken, but I wanted to see if there is some sort of home remedy before taking it in to a store, or having to buy a completely brand new one?? (Hope that isn't the case...) It's just the middle button (the main button in the middle) won't work at all! The scroller works fine, just whenever I try to push the button to access music or whatever, it won't budge or work at all. Help? :confused:

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
I think my black iPod Classic (80gb) is broken, but I wanted to see if there is some sort of home remedy before taking it in to a store, or having to buy a completely brand new one?? (Hope that isn't the case...) It's just the middle button (the main button in the middle) won't work at all! The scroller works fine, just whenever I try to push the button to access music or whatever, it won't budge or work at all. Help? :confused:

I use rockbox and the middle button is useless now :) you just keep clicking the -> arrow. that may only be for the rockbox iPod photo version though :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.