Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonknox

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2005
i recently restored my ipod to factory settings and now it says it needs to be connected to an outside power source to complete the restore. the only problem is I no longer have the cord to hook it up to the power adapter, the firewire cord. all I have is the adpter and the usb cord that connects the ipod to the computer. Is there a way to get around this or is there a cord at wal-mart i can get for it? or something? I dont live near an apple store.

please help

thanks!

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
You'll need to find/buy an AC charger. Call up a local Circuit City/Best Buy/etc and see if they have one. I'm assuming you have a 4G or 3G iPod, correct?

Jonknox

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2005
kainjow said:
You'll need to find/buy an AC charger. Call up a local Circuit City/Best Buy/etc and see if they have one. I'm assuming you have a 4G or 3G iPod, correct?

no i have a 20gb ipod, ill check my walmart.

i live in a small town haha!

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
At my local Best Buy, they have iPods on display and they have an iPod cable to chage the iPods on display so that they can be used all the time. I would just go in to the store and plug your iPod into that cable just to get it to update, instead of buying the charger for that one time. Heck, I bet if you just asked the workers they would let you plug your iPod in somewhere. They also have tons of speaker systems, maybe try plugging your iPod into that.

Jonknox

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2005
my walmart had nothing.

and I live no where near any of those big electronic stores!

please help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.