Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackVert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
I just bought a 4GB IPOD Mini. When I view the Settings->About screen, it tells me there are 0 songs, the capacity is 3.7 GB, but there is only 2.2 GB available.

What's the deal?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Have you (at any point) done any of the following?
- used it as a hard disk (enabled disk mode) and put data on it (and maybe even put that in trash and disconnected before emptying trash)?
- synced iCal data?
- synced Address Book data?

If not you could just use the latest iPod updater to do a complete restore. That should get you your space back (by deleting whatever you have on it)...

BlackVert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Have you (at any point) done any of the following?
- used it as a hard disk (enabled disk mode) and put data on it (and maybe even put that in trash and dissconnected before emptying trash)?
- synced iCal data?
- synced Address Book data?

If not you could just use the latest iPod updater to do a complete restore. That should get you your space back (by deleting whatever's on it)...
thanks for the quick reply :)

i just got it today. all i have done so far is turn it on and look around at what is on it.

i'll probably have questions about how to do a complete restore after i get it home and start playing with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.