Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2002
England
Please can anyone reccommend a case/skin for the ipod mini that will protect it from scratches.

Also, does anyone know how scratchproof the mini is? If it is left a bag or pocket with keys etc, will it get wrecked quite quickly, or will it survive?

Cheers for any suggestions.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
dobbin said:
Please can anyone reccommend a case/skin for the ipod mini that will protect it from scratches.

Also, does anyone know how scratchproof the mini is? If it is left a bag or pocket with keys etc, will it get wrecked quite quickly, or will it survive?

I am not sure about cases for the mini. I have 20gb 3rd gen and i have though about buying a mini but I can't find any good cases for it. I think the mini is definitly more scratch proof than the white iPod. The white iPods would get all scratched up instantly in in a pocket with keys or coins or loosely in a pocket book.

Hope that helps

wide

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2004
NYC
the mini is indeed more scratch-proof, but scratches do appear and are really really annoying (just like they are on any ipod). I originally bought a rubber speck skin for my mini, but it was bulky, collected dust, and made the mini look like s***. if you are going to get a case, go for the radtech sleeve. i have not seen it in person but it extremely thin and will prevent scratches from forming on your mini. the most scratches i have on my mini are on the white top and bottom...there are a lot there (probably because it's the same plastic as on the big ipods and ibooks). the aluminum really is scratch resistant. the only scratches on the front/back of my mini are on the apple sign on the back.

edit: here's the link. they make stuff for more than just the mini also: http://www.radtech.us/Products/Podsleevz.aspx

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
I bought an icewear (or tunewear is it?) skin for my mini, because it is completly transparent, and looks GOOD. However, it doesn't protect the top or bottom, or screen or clickwheel... There are bits which are meant to stop the top/bottom scrathing, but the screen and clickwheel, there is nothing...

I'm in it for the looks ;)

VincentVega

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2004
UK
I bought this from the Apple Store, cost me £15 and arrived in about four days. It's not the prettiest of things, but it protects my iPod from being scratched or otherwise damaged. The only downside is that you can't operate any of the button on the iPod Mini without taking it out of the sleeve. Still, I can put up with that...

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
dobbin said:

iSkins are pretty rock solid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.