Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
sjpetry said:
Supply and Demand. :cool:

And it might go up to 5Gbs soon................maybe. :)

Please at least let it be a month or so before an update, I've only had my mini since tuesday - tho 5Gbs isn't a biggy, and I'm lovin my 4Gbs :)

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
mauly said:
Why has this gone up to 8 days :confused:

Where did you see this? Was it on an order you placed because the Apple store (U.S.) still shows same-day for all models but the silver?

That said, if this is true, it most certainly signifies impending updates. If supply and demand had been well balanced recently, there is no good reason for this change all of a sudden. If anything, the shuffle might decrease the demand for the mini. We'll see.

Chimera

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2004
Surrey, England
mauly said:
Why has this gone up to 8 days :confused:

Appleinsider says that iPod mini updates are 'imminent' for an increase in size to 5gb and they are often very accurate, they say probably early next week so wait if you're planning on buying one!

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
mcmav37 said:
If supply and demand had been well balanced recently, there is no good reason for this change all of a sudden.
Yes their is.

Low supply = Longer wait times

The low supply is probably because of a new iPod Mini.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
Say an iPod mini refresh is released early next week, do I have any grounds to get an update?

my details: ordered 12/2, arrived 15/2...

tamara6

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2004
mauly said:
Say an iPod mini refresh is released early next week, do I have any grounds to get an update?

my details: ordered 12/2, arrived 15/2...

This comes from the Apple Store Web Site:
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
If you are not satisfied with your Apple purchase of a pre-built product, please call 1-800-676-2775 for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request within 14 calendar days of the receipt of the product. If the item is returned unopened in the original box, we will exchange it or offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. The product must be returned to the Apple warehouse within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. A 10% open box fee will be assessed on any opened hardware or accessory.

So, it looks like you might have until Mar. 1 to return your product and then get the newer model.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
We here's hoping it goes to 5 gig, new colours (and silver), 4G features (5G features?), longer life battery, shuffle like 128 shrink of songs when loading, better screen (colour screen?)... lower price

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
sjpetry said:
Yes their is.

Low supply = Longer wait times

The low supply is probably because of a new iPod Mini.

Correct, that is what I was saying/implying: if it was not for a product update, there is no other reason for the iPod mini to have a sudden imbalance of supply and demand.

Oh, and I take back my previous inquiry about where the increased wait times are seen. I just looked at the Apple online store and all models are now 5-7 days... perhaps I was seeing a previously cached website?? Nonetheless, I agree this must mean impending updates.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
You know what would absolutely shatter the market...if the new iPod mini which now sits a little awkwardly between the iPod and Shuffle in terms of price and performance, actually turned out to be the new iPhone with Moto... I can but dream ;)

PeterD42

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2004
Perth, Australia
mcmav37 said:
Correct, that is what I was saying/implying: if it was not for a product update, there is no other reason for the iPod mini to have a sudden imbalance of supply and demand.

Oh, and I take back my previous inquiry about where the increased wait times are seen. I just looked at the Apple online store and all models are now 5-7 days... perhaps I was seeing a previously cached website?? Nonetheless, I agree this must mean impending updates.

Yes, a couple of days back it was 1-2 days, last week immediate shipping I think.

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
New iPod minis for sure, new iMacs, too?

I'm pretty sure new iPod minis will be released within the next few weeks, probably as early as next week. It's been a year since the first batch of minis shipped so I guess it's about time they got an upadte. On a related story, according to AI, Apple has also altered ship estimates for iMacs from same business day to 7-10 days. They also report that IBM has been able to improve the g5's yields. 2 GHz iMac soon?

Link:

http://www.appleinsider.com/backpage/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.