Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tygrlylie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
Sorry if this is not the right forum–there doesn't seem to be one for "Ipod Help". I had all of my music on my external harddrive and my sister dropped it so now it's all lost. I still have it on my ipod but I can't plug that into my computer or else it will delete everything from the ipod. Does anyone know the name of and/or how to access one of those programs that lets you reverse the process and transfer music from the ipod back onto your computer?? That would be awesome, thank you!!
P.S. if these programs are free, that would be more awesome.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Sorry if this is not the right forum–there doesn't seem to be one for "Ipod Help". I had all of my music on my external harddrive and my sister dropped it so now it's all lost. I still have it on my ipod but I can't plug that into my computer or else it will delete everything from the ipod. Does anyone know the name of and/or how to access one of those programs that lets you reverse the process and transfer music from the ipod back onto your computer?? That would be awesome, thank you!!
P.S. if these programs are free, that would be more awesome.

iPod rip should do the trick.

PillarFan1

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2006
hello he said he cant plug it into his computer.....

first turn off auto-sync, and then you can plug it in and it wont delete the songs.

THEN you can use any of the programs above to get the music off ur ipod

paintballer

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Utah
Well it will ask you if you want to replace what is on your iPod with what is in the library and you can just choose not to. So you can plug it into your computer.

PillarFan1

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2006
it wont if he already has it configured, it will automatically do it.

try this:

"If I connected it up, clicked on the iPod in the source list and then changed the setting, would it have enough time to erase everything before I can change it?" ~ lura101

Try this. Hook up your iPod to a different computer - other than the one you normally sync with. Just make sure this other computer has iTunes on it. iTunes should ask if you want to link your iPod to this new computer. Say "no" and change the sync settings to manual. The copy the music off your iPod.

http://www.methodshop.com/mp3/ipodsupport/autosync/index.shtml

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.