Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Hi

Could someone kindly point me, someone who has done this before, as to how I should send the rebate it. I was talking to an Apple Retail Store employee and he basically told me to rip the cardboard off the Macbook and the iPod Nano (where the labels are) and post them off.

I have submitted my rebate online and have been given a rebate reference number. My question is, do I need to rip the cardboard off the box? I don't want to make a mess of it.

Could someone kindly explain the procedure, I would really really appreciate it.

Apologies if this has already been posted already, I did try to search for the term 'rebate' and nothing came up.

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
I have submitted my rebate online and have been given a rebate reference number. My question is, do I need to rip the cardboard off the box? I don't want to make a mess of it.

Could someone kindly explain the procedure, I would really really appreciate it.

Yes - you have to cut out the whole cardboard label off the MacBook box - the one with the serial number etc at the opposite end from the handle - I don't think you can get away with just peeling the label off. I am sure there is something in the Terms and Conditions about the cardboard must be attached to the label. Same for the Nano - cut off the label in the end of the box (serial no etc).

Use a Stanley knife or similar for the MacBook box - it will be fine !!

Did the rebate last year and I am about to do another one this year....

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Cheers for the reply, appreciated. It's going to be one hell of a mess :(

Do I follow the same procedure for the printer rebate offer i.e. cut the box where the label is. The printer box is thicker than the Macbook one.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Cheers for the reply, appreciated. It's going to be one hell of a mess :(

Do I follow the same procedure for the printer rebate offer i.e. cut the box where the label is. The printer box is thicker than the Macbook one.

You need to send the labels. You don't have to hack the box apart. If you're VERY careful, you can peel/rip the labels from the Macbook and printer box. The backing might tear but the label should stay whole.

Had to cut the iPod inlay for that barcode though.

The T&C for the offer says "Return the EAN Bar Code labels from the Apple product boxes with (i) and (ii) above. The EAN Bar Code labels must include part numbers with bar codes, serial numbers with bar codes, and product descriptions.".

Full T&C here: http://input.media.euro.apple.com/apple/promotions/terms/backtoschool08/uk/tsandcs.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.