Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDance511

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
California soon
I'm still saving for my Mac Pro.... I just bought a green Ipod nano..oh its so beautiful!:apple: ! I have a black 60 gb as well.... Anyway I plugged it into my Vista machine and it just said "Do not disconnect" for the better part of 5 minutes...Anyhow i was very upset... I then discconected my iPod adn all the songs were gone..... i had maybe 40 gigs of music on there... Could it mess up my new iPod nano? Any advice..feedback input? Thanks....:apple:

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
Did you actually have iTunes installed? If so, the issues aren't new and you should have checked compatibility first, (iTunes download page does not state Vista yet). If not, I couldn't explain why, but if it has corrupted it beyond use, it will need to either be sent back to Apple or if out of warranty you could try ringing Microsoft and explaining what happened and demanding compensation. That's a long shot though.

TheDance511

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
California soon
I was going to originally buy a Mac. But once I took my Vista laptop home...It was very bad. I was not satisfied at all. I liked what I saw of the Mac I was looking at. That is why.:apple: But no worries eh?

john789

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2007
Portland, OR
vista? yuck!!

I just bought and ipod nano red (4 gb) and it is so beatuful!! i think this ipod is going to be my valentines this year...everytime i look at it i fall more and more in love with it....anyways..Vista? and you are saving for mac pro? then why the heck did you waste those mac-dollars on Vista? Steve is gona be mad at ou...and bill gates is probably bathing in the money you gave him... i think you just connect it to another pc (xp) or mac and restore it....sorry about the lost songs...they will be remembered...

- John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.