Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morrisman1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
the dick smith electronics store in town are selling ipod touches with a 25% discount, that pretty hefty. Can only mean they are clearing them before a much more awesome model comes out after WWDC. It was tempting to buy one at that price but then with new ones around the corner i told myself no! new ones will probably double their storage capacity for the same price.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Your interpretation could be true, but I'd just as likely view it as a store trying to persuade hard-pressed consumers to part with their cash in these recessionary times. Not only is there is credit crunch, and recession, at present, but anything I have read suggests that many businesses are suffering from cash-flow problems, as well.

Cheers and good luck

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
I think they'll be updated after Apple has cleared their inventory via back to school promotion as usual.

Tuesday after promotion is over, bam! 3.0 software, 48 & 64GB's, camera, microSD card - the works.

BayouBengal

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
Houston,TX
Maybe they're also counting on customers purchasing accessories too? Cases, headphones, docks, chargers etc... But yeah, very possible new models sometime soon.

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
I think they'll be updated after Apple has cleared their inventory via back to school promotion as usual.

Tuesday after promotion is over, bam! 3.0 software, 48 & 64GB's, camera, microSD card - the works.

ha yeah! minus the microSD card that would probably all be sick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.