Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t300

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
Is the iPod photo AV cable a fancy iBook AV Cable? Can it be used with an iBook that has an AV port? Or are they two seperate ports? Anyone know? Thanks!!!

m9765G_125.jpg

ibook_avcable_125.jpg

Both are $19.00 on Apple.Com...

Edit: The iBook AV cable page says IT is not compatible with an iPod photo...SO I assume it's also the other way around as well?

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Yeah, as far as I know, all RCA to mini cables are the same... and you can get them for muuuuch cheaper at Radio Shack or a similar store. But they won't be Apple White. It's a trade off, i know.

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
pdpfilms said:
Yeah, as far as I know, all RCA to mini cables are the same... and you can get them for muuuuch cheaper at Radio Shack or a similar store. But they won't be Apple White. It's a trade off, i know.

I don't know that to be true. The one that came with my digital camera does NOT work with my iPod photo. So I had to buy the official iPod photo A/V cable and it of course works fine.
The reason for this I don't know.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
pdpfilms said:
Stereo audio mini cables are all the same.

A/V mini cables have no standard. (yet?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.