Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Way back when I bought this iPod, there used to be an option in iTunes to not display album artwork. Sometime over the years, they removed that option.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this iPod to not display artwork short of removing it from all my music?

My 30GB iPod Photo still works perfectly, even with my Pioneer deck in my car. I was surprised that I can control all of its functions on my decks touch screen just like an iPod Classic. :) No reason to give up this old iPod yet just for that reason!

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Why don't you want cover art

The display on these old iPods is already so small and the artwork is displayed as an image smaller than a postage stamp unless you press the center button a few times to display the artwork full screen.

I think it's pointless to display such a small image that you can't even ready any text from. iTunes used to give the option to not show artwork but they removed it some time ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.