Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdpardue

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Sacramento, California
Well, not really sure if this has been asked before, did a quick search but nothing came up...

Okay here is my question... I have a digital camera and am using iphoto 5. In iphoto, the camera's data knows what way the camera was oriented and iphoto rotates the pictures properly so that up is up, but when syncing to the ipod, the pictures all come in the same way, which means that some of them are "rotated" against the way they should be. For example, a portrait comes in landscape rather then rotated properly. With 3341 images in my library, what can I do to get the ipod display half of them properly? Is this a bug, or simply not a feature. I have the most current versions of iphoto, itunes, and ipod software.

Am i missing a preference somewhere. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Astral Cars

macrumors regular
May 11, 2005
St. Paul
Well, I don't know if this helps, but I'm pretty sure on my iPod the vertical pictures have horizontal thumbnails in the library that are cropped, but when you view it full screen it's normal. I couldn't say what the difference would be between mine and yours. Although I do believe the picture was imported off a CD not a camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.