Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtalerico

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
Is there like a proggy for the Ipod to generate random songs? I have a Gen3 or 4 not sure.. Its a 20Gig non color.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
jtalerico said:
Is there like a proggy for the Ipod to generate random songs? I have a Gen3 or 4 not sure.. Its a 20Gig non color.

do you have the buttons above the wheel or no?

If yes then its a 3rd gen if not its a 4th gen

edit-

iPod not Ipod and this should be in the iPod section of the forum

randas

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2005
jtalerico said:

3G - 4 buttons below screen
4G - all integrated into the click wheel(grey)

jtalerico

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
zap2 said:
iPod not Ipod and this should be in the iPod section of the forum

Let me refresh you..
Mac Hardware > Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion
Reload this Page

"iPod" is Mac hardware.. And this would be a tip. Thanks for the heads up though.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
jtalerico said:
Let me refresh you..
Mac Hardware > Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion
Reload this Page

"iPod" is Mac hardware.. And this would be a tip. Thanks for the heads up though.

:rolleyes:

notice how there is no comma between the word "buying" and the word "tips" ? in the english language, that means this forum is for tips that involve buying, not just tips in general.

use a little common sense next time, there wouldn't be a forum dedicated to the iPod if that wasn't the place for iPod related discussions to take place.

to answer your question, if you have a 4g or a 3g with the latest software installed, you should have a shuffle songs command right on the main menu. if not, go to Main Menu/Settings/Main Menu and scroll down to where you see Shuffle Songs and select it, which will put the option on the main menu. if you do not see shuffle songs in this settings menu, you have a 3g without the latest software, in which case, go to apple.com, update, then follow above directions.

the shuffle songs option plays randomly from your entire library. alternatively, if you want to shuffle through a specific album or playlist, and not your whole library, go to Main Menu/Settings and select shuffle to either songs or albums(to shuffle between songs within an album, or to shuffle between albums themselves. then play something from an album or playlist of your desire.

jtalerico

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
sure,

Okay.. What about with the Alpine KCA-420i? Since there is no car audio part of the forum. Any thoughts on that one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.