Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScotRobson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Torquay UK
Hi

ordered the 20Gb iPod with dock on 21st July - not long after they were released. When I placed the order it said shipping 2-3 days now i log in to check the status and it says shipping on or before the 2nd August. I don't understand why Apple tell you 2-3 days when you place the order then change it afterwards? Any ideas?

However, i also have an iPod mini on the way which shipped 11 days earlier that the estimated date.

Scot

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I just received a silver mini three weeks after I ordered it - they quoted 4, I cancelled the order (it was for a b-day), yet they shipped it anyway.

They're fetching 300.00 on ebay - I'll just sell it for a profit versus returning it.

Don't know the story with the 4G iPod - thought they were in stock and ready to ship. :confused:

ScotRobson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Torquay UK
iGary said:
Don't know the story with the 4G iPod - thought they were in stock and ready to ship. :confused:

Just worked it out - its because i ordered the dock aswell which has a delivery of 1 - 2 weeks!

Scot

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
Ordered mine like at 6.45 AM PST and it said it would ship ON OR BEFORE 07/21/04 but now it says 07/26/04. [I live in Canada]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.