Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RaMaz07

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Hello all. I was asked on twitter to take some pictures of the new iPod Shuffle and I'd thought i would post them here as well. There is a link to a Zip file containing all the photos I took available at the bottom. Enjoy.

100_0166.jpg

100_0168.jpg

100_0119.jpg

100_0142.jpg

100_0145.jpg

100_0146.jpg

100_0151.jpg

100_0147.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0161.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/af24qh - Link To Zip File With All The Photos Taken.

alexbates

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2008
Georgia, USA
Sweet, the USB connecter looks so much different than any other one for an iPod. I still like the older iPod Shuffles though. The headphone controls to switch the song and change the volume just seems confusing to me.

otep1760

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
i wonder what would happen if you plugged that sync cable into an iPod Classic.
would it do anything at all?

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Hello all. I was asked on twitter to take some pictures of the new iPod Shuffle and I'd thought i would post them here as well. There is a link to a Zip file containing all the photos I took available at the bottom. Enjoy.
Thanks for the pics.

Sweet, the USB connecter looks so much different than any other one for an iPod.
Uh, you can use the same connector with the 2nd Gen Shuffle.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I've loaded mine up with audiobooks and podcasts and it's fantastic. VoiceOver does a great job, even pronounces "colbert" properly for Stephen Colbert's book - they must have hard coded a bunch of names into the Alex voice.

I've made playlists of all the albums I have on it so I can easily choose which one I want to listen to. Despite the focus of the product I'm not really a shuffler but I do love my playlists so to able to load a bunch of them on and be easily able to access them is great.

I own all three versions of the shuffle and whilst I think Apple may have been better served to just make a 4GB version of the 2G model and added the VoiceOver/playlist support to it I still think it will sell by the truckload.

After all, the vast majority of people out there in the real world are perfectly happy with the apple headphones - just look around the bus or train next time and count the white earbuds. We here on the forums sometimes get a little forgetful that we don't inhabit the same space as the overwhelming majority of the general public and it's the general public that will snap these things up with reckless abandon.

It's a good product, not a great product like the 16GB nano or the 2G touch but then it's only $129 and for that price it's a steal.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I've made playlists of all the albums I have on it so I can easily choose which one I want to listen to. Despite the focus of the product I'm not really a shuffler but I do love my playlists so to able to load a bunch of them on and be easily able to access them is great.
Good to hear.

I own all three versions of the shuffle and whilst I think Apple may have been better served to just make a 4GB version of the 2G model and added the VoiceOver/playlist support to it I still think it will sell by the truckload.
Agree.

The new Shuffle has some significant shortcomings in my book. However, I am sure that it will sell well. And, I will probably pick up one as well. :)

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
I Just wish they did something to the Blank Face, Anything. A Way to Check Battery, or something similar.

Jayomat

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2009
ever wondered why people look at you in the bus, just because you switched to your album "The Massacre" (50Cent)? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.