Ipod shuffle does not charge?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by burger011, Feb 2, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Just bought the ipod shuffle and a usb hub for my iMac g3 600mhz 10.3.7 and the ipod works when trans. songs but it doesn't charge. I left it attached overnight and still have an amber light. So i left it attached all day and still no change. Any suggestions?

2. Guest

iGary

Mine will charge on some ports (USB 2.0 or USB 1.0) but not on others.

It will charge on my keyboard at work, but not at home, but will charge on the back of my ACD.... :eek:

3. macrumors 6502

Beyond the obvious question which is, "Is the USB hub powered?," I'm not sure what is happening.

4. macrumors 6502

Jigglelicious

5. thread starter macrumors regular

mcmav37-

I have an 4 port hub extension (with green lights and all) comming out of the imac's usb port. Unless I'm miss informed on what a power USB port is (which is very possible) then yes it a powered usb hub powered.

frustrating.... maybe i just need a new computer.

6. macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

do you have anything else plugged into the hub? if so, what? also, have you tried plugging the shuffle directly into the back of your computer (not that it is a particularly good solution - just to see if it works)?

7. macrumors 68000

Lancetx

If the USB hub doesn't have it's own dedicated power supply (i.e. AC wall plug) then it almost certainly won't work for charging. You'll need to connect the shuffle directly to one of the computer's USB ports or else get an iPod shuffle dock or power adapter.