Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burger011

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Just bought the ipod shuffle and a usb hub for my iMac g3 600mhz 10.3.7 and the ipod works when trans. songs but it doesn't charge. I left it attached overnight and still have an amber light. So i left it attached all day and still no change. Any suggestions?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Mine will charge on some ports (USB 2.0 or USB 1.0) but not on others.

It will charge on my keyboard at work, but not at home, but will charge on the back of my ACD.... :eek:

burger011

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
mcmav37-

I have an 4 port hub extension (with green lights and all) comming out of the imac's usb port. Unless I'm miss informed on what a power USB port is (which is very possible) then yes it a powered usb hub powered.

frustrating.... maybe i just need a new computer.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
burger011 said:
mcmav37-

I have an 4 port hub extension (with green lights and all) comming out of the imac's usb port. Unless I'm miss informed on what a power USB port is (which is very possible) then yes it a powered usb hub powered.

frustrating.... maybe i just need a new computer.

do you have anything else plugged into the hub? if so, what? also, have you tried plugging the shuffle directly into the back of your computer (not that it is a particularly good solution - just to see if it works)?

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
If the USB hub doesn't have it's own dedicated power supply (i.e. AC wall plug) then it almost certainly won't work for charging. You'll need to connect the shuffle directly to one of the computer's USB ports or else get an iPod shuffle dock or power adapter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.