iPod shuffle + Windows XP SP 1

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by robocop2000, Jan 14, 2005.

1. robocop2000 macrumors member

According to Apple, Windows users must have SP 2 to use the iPs. Has anyone managed to test one on Windows XP SP1?

2. BugMeNot macrumors newbie

Works fine on Windows XP w/ SP1 but I can seem to figure out a way to transfer music without using Itunes software. This sucks!

3. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I THINK it just says that it is SP2 compatible (a LOT of programs got screwed up with SP2)... I could be wrong, though.

Why would you want to use something other than iTunes to sync an iPod? iTunes is easily the best music management software available! :D

Rob

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, what did you expect?

If you don't want to use iTunes, you may be able to use a program like ephpod.

5. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Why not install SP2? Unless you have a good reason. :cool:

6. H&Kie macrumors regular

Well, I'm certainly not trying to make this a WinXP SP2 discussion forum ;),
    but you might check this out before installing SP2...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=884130

7. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

8. BugMeNot macrumors newbie

I expected it to work as a flash drive. And it does however it will treat the files as data not music. For me at least it's much quicker to just select a few files on my hard drive, right click and send to the Ipod shuttle.

I was under the impresion that no software was required at all. I read a poor review on a blog site.

Maybe the iPod shuffle Dock will work this way. Anyone know happen to know?

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Anything you put on as a file, will be seen only as a file. You need iTunes (or another program, like ehphod) to transfer listenable music on it. It's kind-of a package deal.

I'm not sure what review you read, but it's right there on Apple's site.

10. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

You must use iTunes so that you cannot copy the music files to someone else's computer. The whole music industry copyright thing, yknow.