Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BugMeNot

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2004
Works fine on Windows XP w/ SP1 but I can seem to figure out a way to transfer music without using Itunes software. This sucks!

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I THINK it just says that it is SP2 compatible (a LOT of programs got screwed up with SP2)... I could be wrong, though.

Why would you want to use something other than iTunes to sync an iPod? iTunes is easily the best music management software available! :D

Rob

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
BugMeNot said:
Works fine on Windows XP w/ SP1 but I can seem to figure out a way to transfer music without using Itunes software. This sucks!
Well, what did you expect?

If you don't want to use iTunes, you may be able to use a program like ephpod.

BugMeNot

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2004
solvs said:
Well, what did you expect?

If you don't want to use iTunes, you may be able to use a program like ephpod.

I expected it to work as a flash drive. And it does however it will treat the files as data not music. For me at least it's much quicker to just select a few files on my hard drive, right click and send to the Ipod shuttle.

I was under the impresion that no software was required at all. I read a poor review on a blog site.

Maybe the iPod shuffle Dock will work this way. Anyone know happen to know?

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
BugMeNot said:
I expected it to work as a flash drive. And it does however it will treat the files as data not music. For me at least it's much quicker to just select a few files on my hard drive, right click and send to the Ipod shuttle.

I was under the impresion that no software was required at all. I read a poor review on a blog site.

Maybe the iPod shuffle Dock will work this way. Anyone know happen to know?
Anything you put on as a file, will be seen only as a file. You need iTunes (or another program, like ehphod) to transfer listenable music on it. It's kind-of a package deal.

I'm not sure what review you read, but it's right there on Apple's site.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
You must use iTunes so that you cannot copy the music files to someone else's computer. The whole music industry copyright thing, yknow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.