Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Koree

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
Philadelphia
I'm sorry, this is a very pathetic post... But i had my iPod stolen on a public bus while i fell asleep... This sucks...

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Koree said:
I'm sorry, this is a very pathetic post... But i had my iPod stolen on a public bus while i fell asleep... This sucks...

Where was your iPod at? Pocket? Hand? Bag? :confused:

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Ah man, that does suck. Does your homeowners/renters insurance cover something like that? Definitely file a police report, since you'll need that to do a claim with your insurance.

kbonnel

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2004
In a nice place..
Koree said:

Wow, you must have been really tired too fall asleep on a public bus
:rolleyes:

That really does suck. It drives me crazy how messed up our world can be. Some people just don't have any respect for anything.

I hope the theif downloads a bunch of pirated songs, gets many viruses, and then gets sued by the RIAA!!!! (they finally might be useful for something)

Kimo

Koree

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
Philadelphia
Seat, i took the headphones off, cuz they were getting uncomfortable, speically when i was so tired... No insurance... Thanks, i didn't hink anyone would respond :eek:

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
kbonnel said:
gets many viruses

Hopefully that theif isn't so bright that he has a PC to get hurt by a virus :D

Koree said:
Seat, i took the headphones off, cuz they were getting uncomfortable, speically when i was so tired... No insurance... Thanks, i didn't hink anyone would respond :eek:

Well I'm sure you don't feel the best right now, but may I ask why you just left your iPod on the seat and not in your bag or hand? I don't want to sound like a jerk of course (especially since your feeling down right now), but I'm just wondering :) :confused:

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
I know EXACTLY how you feel. Last year in school, someone stole my 40 GB iPod right out of my backpack while I was walking in the halls. Well, I filed a report at the school, did absolutely everything I could think of to try and get it back. So, a few weeks ago, the police returned it to the school, saying the kid that took it turned it in anonymously. So I'm just saying that you should never lose hope. File a report is all I can say. That'd be your best bet. I hope I made you feel a little better about that... I know... it really sucks, but you'll get over it eventually, but dont lose hope.

PyroVesten

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2004
Australia
Koree said:

Aw damn, that really blows. It's a shame the world still has people in it who'd steal an iPod right from next to its owner.

Judging by your sig though, it isn't going to be toooo financially devastating to replace it. I am really sorry to hear it though.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
kbonnel said:
Wow, you must have been really tired too fall asleep on a public bus
:rolleyes:

Depends if he was in Korea at the time. I live in Japan, and people sleep on the trains & busses all the time. Hell, I do. I will be more careful from now on, though.

I hope you're able to get your iPod back :(

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
kbonnel said:
That really does suck. It drives me crazy how messed up our world can be. Some people just don't have any respect for anything.

You know how messed this world is... I will tell you:

Someone came yesterday into our building and took a wheel from the buggy of my daughter... that's dirty...

Solafaa

macrumors 6502a
johnbro23 said:
I know EXACTLY how you feel. Last year in school, someone stole my 40 GB iPod right out of my backpack while I was walking in the halls. Well, I filed a report at the school, did absolutely everything I could think of to try and get it back. So, a few weeks ago, the police returned it to the school, saying the kid that took it turned it in anonymously. So I'm just saying that you should never lose hope. File a report is all I can say. That'd be your best bet. I hope I made you feel a little better about that... I know... it really sucks, but you'll get over it eventually, but dont lose hope.

I remmber :) you made a post about it, glad to see you got it back.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
5300cs said:
Depends if he was in Korea at the time. I live in Japan, and people sleep on the trains & busses all the time. Hell, I do. I will be more careful from now on, though.
Indeed--take an evening train in Japan and it seems like half the people over 18 on it are asleep.

Heck, I even fall asleep on busses in the US--if you're back by the engine, it's just so warm and the vibrations are soothing. Of course, if I'm somewhere I don't trust I tend to keep any bags sort of tied around my arm or leg, and I'd be careful not to leave anything valuable hanging out, but I can see how that could happen.

Koree

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
Philadelphia
Was in US. Sorry i haven't responded to this in a while, i fried my router, (well not fired, just said that so my overclocking friends would be proud of me) I screwed up the firmware, apparenlty you shouldn't try to upgrade the firmware if your on a mac -.-, got sent a new one cuz it was still under warranty. iPod is still gone, but i am thinking of getting a photo ipod for christmas. Still... :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.