Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happiey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2015
philippines
hi, I never had an apple device before and now i just wanted to have one, at first step is IPOD TOUCH.. but im afraid i wont maximize its usage,.. is it okay if i dont have a laptop that i can use for back up as of the moment,, can i still download songs and apps without a credit card? please do help me, thanks.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Yes, you can use the iPod touch without a computer, both to set it up, and for backups through iCloud, and continued use of it. You are able to download songs and apps without a credit card on file if you redeem and use iTunes gift cards, I've been doing it for years. :)

Hope that answers your questions!

happiey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2015
philippines
Yes, you can use the iPod touch without a computer, both to set it up, and for backups through iCloud, and continued use of it. You are able to download songs and apps without a credit card on file if you redeem and use iTunes gift cards, I've been doing it for years. :)

Hope that answers your questions!

Thank you so much.. But yeah it is so heartbreaking that you have to pay for a song .. unlike android that you can illegally download any songs for free... :( do you have any idea how to download songs for free? with itunes gift cards or redeeming. :)

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
I think you answered your own question... It's illegal to download music for free that isn't given away for free by an artist. That's called stealing. ;)

happiey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2015
philippines
oh,, not google play itself,,,but website.. bec when i tried it on apple it is redirecting on something unlike android, download all you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.