Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MimUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Its there with the software update.
Just downloading........................

Mim

MimUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Podcasting available in the menu and fixed a problem I had in which the Quiz game didn't work. (it does now!)

Thats about it, I think.

MimUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Also Photo Import as a menu option, I am not sure if that was there before?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I wonder if this will bring back the iPod icon for non-photo 4G iPods. That white disk image is pretty frustrating each time I have to restore mine. :(

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Hurrah... at least an iPod mini update:
iPod software update 2005-06-26 delivers iPod Software 1.2 for iPod with color display, iPod mini Software 1.4 for iPod mini and iPod Software 3.1 for iPod with Click Wheel
* Integration with iTunes 4.9 for downloading and listening to podcasts
Here's to better battery life... ;)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Apple's on a roll with podcasting support for their iPods! They just might give satellite radio firm competition.

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
Another minor change I have just noticed, they have changed the order of the displays during playback on the photo/color. Previously it was normal>artwork>time scrolling>rating now they have switched the artwork and time scrolling round. May not mean much, but that is one less click of the centre button every time I want to fast forward to a later part in the track, especially now we have Podcasts. :)

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
Really. Mine seems okay now. It says on the few photos I have on there that they were taken in 2003, which is true. Even the months are correct.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
steve_hill4 said:
Another minor change I have just noticed, they have changed the order of the displays during playback on the photo/color. Previously it was normal>artwork>time scrolling>rating now they have switched the artwork and time scrolling round. May not mean much, but that is one less click of the centre button every time I want to fast forward to a later part in the track, especially now we have Podcasts. :)

Podcast display screen is pretty cool, too. Shows "chapters" markers in the timeline. And the screens shown when using the center click are normal > time scrolling > album cover > (podcast) Description. (No rating podcasts on the iPod, yet).

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
steve_hill4 said:
Really. Mine seems okay now. It says on the few photos I have on there that they were taken in 2003, which is true. Even the months are correct.
Yup, I'm still seeing "Feb 2040"... I flushed out all of my photos, copied them back in, and resynched... still "Feb 2040".

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
MimUK said:
Its there with the software update.
Just downloading........................

Mim

I didn't see this update really do anything special when I synced...

Is there now a list of all the upgrades for iPod Photos this brings?

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2003
The exurbs, MN
mkrishnan said:
So since there's no mention of pre-clickwheel iPods in the update description, do they support podcasting? :(

On 3G iPods, the Podcasts turn into a playlist under the Playlists menu...so the implementation is there, it seems. Just not as flashy as the fancy click wheel iPods ;)

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
clayj said:
Yup, I'm still seeing "Feb 2040"... I flushed out all of my photos, copied them back in, and resynched... still "Feb 2040".
Going from 1.0 to 1.1 didn't change it for me, but when you mentioned your problem, I checked mine and it wasn't displaying any date. Clicked skip forward and it skipped to select the last photo and displayed September 2003, then when scrolling back all the correct months and years were in there. The only other thing I can suggest is a minor difference between Mac and Windoze iPod updaters.

Very odd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.