iPod Video Slide Lock broken

Discussion in 'iPod' started by podfuture, Nov 13, 2005.

1. podfuture macrumors member

New video iPod has broken slide lock. The iPod is stuck in the locked position so I can't use it. Can't return it right now as I am on a trip.

Anybody know how to unlock by software, or am I going to make a long flight without being able to watch Lost :)

2. Konradx macrumors 6502

Konradx

3. podfuture thread starter macrumors member

Pull it off, no pun intended.

It's my second video ipod (wife took over the first one once she found 'Desperate HWs' on it).

It seems to be a rare manuf defect. Just purchased yesterday and suddenly the slide lock had no resistance.

I think the plastic tab that engages the hard switch must have broken off.

Wow, is this the next big lawsuit. Ha... it has to be rare. I will exchange it when I get to destination.. just wondering if there is some tricky software code that can be used to unlock.

4. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

um, did you just answer your own question? hahaha! hope it works out for you...

5. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

SAME thing happened to my iPod 60 gig on a flight as well.

I took it to the Apple store at my destination, and they had a black 60 in stock, and transferred all the data and sent me on my way in less than 30 minutes. I walked in to the Genius bar and showed them the problem, and they came back with a new iPod fully loaded with my music and tv shows.

I was concerned that the slide tab broke after only a few hours of use. I used the tab maybe 4 times since I received the iPod. Kinda scary.