Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
Alright so I've been wondering about this for quite awile. Is there a iTunes like visualizer for the 5G iPod, or is there a video of a visualizer type thing that could be set to music? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just think this would be super cool

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
Hmmmm thats true, but couldn't someone come up with a video of something similiar and put some sweet techno beats in there?

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
You could record a visualizer on your computer at low res, then add the song you were using to it, and then put it on the iPod.

diddy

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Rockbox

Check out Rockbox. www.rockbox.org

It is an alternative firmware/OS for 5G and nanos, and one of the built in plugins is an oscilloscope that will act as a visualizer while music is playing.

Other features are gapless playback, crossfading, and a ton more supported music formats. My nano is now dual-boot, and gosh darn, it's pretty sweet.

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
How might I go about dual booting this cause that would be sweet. Seriously its so cool being able to be like hey check this out I got the iTunes visualizer on my iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.