Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wano

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
well the design is very similar to the iPod, it's rectangular not square.

Anne

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2002
Hmm. It has FM radio. I can only hope that that's a feature that Apple will "rip off". I needs my public radio, and can barely justify buying a several hundred dollar device if I'll *still* need to bring my old clunky walkman when I travel.

But heck, I'll probably jump on ipods as soon as they drop the price, anyway. Otherwise I'd probably end up waiting forever.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
gawd...USB 2.0? FireWire is so much better...the cooler name, the more cooler looking port.
At least it's not USB 1.1! If it was...with a 20gb hard drive/mp3 player...omfg.

There are a lot of other "iPod ripoffs" out there...this is yet another one but nobody can beat the iPod...it's so simple, so beautiful, so easy to use, so small and light, so easy to recognize...and SO WONDERFUL that everyone loves it. That's why it's so dirty :rolleyes:

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
Originally posted by Anne
Hmm. It has FM radio. I can only hope that that's a feature that Apple will "rip off".

Well, considering that just about every radio station is owned by some big radio corporation (*cough* clearchannel) chances are you'll only be hearing the "top 10" (as defined by how much the RIAA and labels pay the radio stations) songs in an infinite loop. You can hold more music on an iPod than a radio station has in their playlist :cool:

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
Hmm. It has FM radio. I can only hope that that's a feature that Apple will "rip off". I needs my public radio, and can barely justify buying a several hundred dollar device if I'll *still* need to bring my old clunky walkman when I travel.

But heck, I'll probably jump on ipods as soon as they drop the price, anyway. Otherwise I'd probably end up waiting forever.

If Apple adds a radio, let's hope they integrate a good antenna. The idea of using the heaphone cables as an antenna like a lot of the "Walkmen" :confused: did would be a bad idea, since the quality of reception suffers greatly.

RandomDeadHead

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2003
fennario
bla

The Holographic color-changing logo sticker is my favorite feature.

I can live with out the radio and the record feature, but the Holographic color-changing logo sticker is what is going to make me sell my iPod and get one of these.
I would much rather have a sticker logo than an laser etched one any day:D

Anne

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2002
Originally posted by dricci

Well, considering that just about every radio station is owned by some big radio corporation (*cough* clearchannel) chances are you'll only be hearing the "top 10" (as defined by how much the RIAA and labels pay the radio stations) songs in an infinite loop. You can hold more music on an iPod than a radio station has in their playlist :cool:

hah, try reading past the first 2 sentences of my post and you'd see why I find that completely irrelevant. (i.e. public radio isn't owned by clearchannel, etc etc etc). Besides that, I don't have much trouble finding stations that play songs other than those in the top 10. I get a few good college stations, a jazz station, and a few Spanish-language stations. All very often interesting to listen to. I also used to complain about the quality of the radio, until I figured out how to turn the dial and find the good stations.

Oh yeah, and to balance out the public radio thing, I'm sure there are people out there who would love radio so they can listen to Rush and Dr. Laura. :p

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC

hah, try reading past the first 2 sentences of my post and you'd see why I find that completely irrelevant. (i.e. public radio isn't owned by clearchannel, etc etc etc). Besides that, I don't have much trouble finding stations that play songs other than those in the top 10. I get a few good college stations, a jazz station, and a few Spanish-language stations. All very often interesting to listen to. I also used to complain about the quality of the radio, until I figured out how to turn the dial and find the good stations.

Oh yeah, and to balance out the public radio thing, I'm sure there are people out there who would love radio so they can listen to Rush and Dr. Laura. :p

Yeah...I was going to make the same comment about the radio until I read what you were listening to. I also noticed you said you travel...it would be a cool feature to use when travelling...get to see what others states are playing on the radio.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
It is more practical for sure...

It has just what I was needing... an audio imput!!!!! damn! why at Apple are so mentally challenge about audio features? For Apple just having an stereo output is enough for this milenium.

At lit the thing is ugly.

I bet you the nex generation iPod will include a line/mic audio imput some how and it will cost $199 with a 60GB drive:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.