Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zbizzle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com

I'm guessing this is not good news for Apple. I wonder if this will prompt Apple to make an announcement about a new battery, for all future iPod sales.

There were around 30,000 hits to this page, as of 12 noon on 11/24/03. Do the math: the word is getting out!

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
Not just that, but there's AppleCare now that covers the iPod for 2 years from the time of purchase, making a replacement battery available for free for 2 years. This guy had his iPod for over a year. While it's unfortunate that the AppleCare didn't exist for the iPod at that time, it was not under warranty, and I think what he's doing is very childish, akin to stomping his feet.

Companies have to put a limit on the complimentary warranty (which it is, lest we forget). They can't be responsible for keeping it working forever. This is not expected of any company unless they make a life-time guarantee.

Besides, this is old news since Apple has also announced a battery replacement program as well, which is far less than the $250 he was quoted at the time. Maybe this would mean something if it was current, but now it's just slander.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
yes aside from the $50 do-it-yourself or $99 apple-replaces-it options, the iPod manual clearly states that your battery has a certain number of charges (i think 500) on it, and that more frequent charging will reach this limit faster. 18 months is just about right for someone that charges their iPod every single day, which they are generally not made for. so i'd say the guy got a pretty good run out of it... considering he ignored the manual and the battery replacement options.

pnw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.