Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandersHokie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
it all and get the 3GB of RAM?
thanks!

sorry for clogging up threads with questions, but this site is awesome for answers and suggestions.

I plan on using my MBP c2D for at least two years. and then probably upgrade to the best thing out.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
What do you plan on doing with it?

If it's iTunes, surfing/e-mail and Office, I would save my money. But if you're trying to do high-end video work, you'll want every bit of RAM you can get.

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
it really depends on the apps that you're going to use. Generally, 2GB is fine... especially since the bump up to 3 is $575. Personally, i don't think it's worth the money. You can invest that money, and in a couple years when you're looking for a new computer, you'll have even more money to spend.

jmarte

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2004
Orlando, Florida
2gb should be fine. I have a Macbook with 2gb and it works well. Going from 512megs of Ram to 2gb made a huge difference. i have never seen such a speed difference by adding ram in any of the previous computers I have owned. (the fact that things like this excite me indicate that I really need to get out more!) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.