Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jake0604

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
I found one on my local craigslist for $20 and was wondering whether it is worth that?

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Do you want one? If so, yes. If not, no.

It was a very common model, but also a high-quality model, so it's not truly worthless; but it was common enough that they don't sell for a lot, either.

So if you were thinking "buy cheap, sell on eBay", yeah, you might be able to sell it for $50, but the effort you'd put in would likely not be worth the profit.

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro
I found one on my local craigslist for $20 and was wondering whether it is worth that?

Just the computer or monitor and peripherals included? What's the cosmetic condition of the case (yellowing, scuffs, etc.)? Is the unit functional? The IIsi is probably the most common of the Macintosh II line that I see up for sale. It's basically a stripped down IIci in a compact case that was somewhat notorious for developing problems with the onboard speaker. If it's for local pickup, I'd say yes just for a tinkering/restoration project. If you'll have to pay the price over in shipping I'd say buyer's discretion.

aoresteen

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2008
At least $60 for the ROM SIMM only!!!

SE/30 guys will pay that much to get a 32bit clean ROM to run their SE/30 with System 7.6 & OS 8.1.

Check out eBay and see what IIsi & IIfx ROMs sell for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.