Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
The title pretty much says it all. I have noticed this happening with most - but not all - sites on which I have log-ins. In addition, often when I do log-in I’m told there has been a security error, refresh the page and try again. That always works. This has only happened with maybe the last couple of updates of iPadOS 16. I’ve already searched the web - including Apple’s community site - and none of the suggestions work. I have not changed any of my settings. A couple of other iOS users who I know report the same thing on both iPhone and iPad. I’m trying to determine if the issue is an iOS update or something being employed by outside websites.

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
I’m bumping this one because I’m having pretty much the same issue, minus the “security error”. I don’t use my iPad that often, so I don’t mind logging back in via FaceID, no issue there.
When I click on a sub forum, I usually do “CMD-click” to open that sub on a separate tab, but then the site says “Howdy Stranger” and I have to log in again. But, if I just click directly on a sub forum, it works fine and I stay logged in, and then I just need to hit the Back arrow to go back to the main forum (still logged in). Obviously I can work this way, but I don’t have this issue on my laptop (and I don’t surf on my phone so no idea if it’s an iOS issue).
Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.