Is AP Express the ONLY solution here??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Ryan1524, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

i'm considering AP Express for my dorm room. i think it would be ideal sicne it's small, has a print server, and can be hooked up to a nice set of speakers in the dorm.

but it's also 165CAD$ + Taxes. so it's a bit pricy. are there any other options in terms of a wireless rotuer that has print server?? and as for AirTunes. i might have to wait and see if i get a single room or not. cause if i get a double or tripler room, then i'll ahve to see if it'll bother the other guys if i play music openly all the time.

anywho. wireless access point with print server. what are my options?? thx. :cool:

2. ozone macrumors 6502

ozone

I thought I saw an SMC branded one in Future Shop about 6 months ago that had a print server, wireless, and 4 lan ports. Not sure if it was Mac compatible or just browser based to get it up and running. It was cheaper than $165 Cdn, but not by much. For compatibility and only a few bucks more, you might be better off with the Apple.

3. Ryan1524 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

hm, that's true. i forgot that even now, my home wireless network is managed from my PC, not the PB. the browser usually froze whenever i try to change a setting from the PB.

4. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I just got a linksys wireless router for $40 or $50 at best buy. On an IBM thinkpad T40 it got very good- excellent all over my 4000sq ft house. The router is located in my basement.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

No print server on that, though, right?