Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DerChef

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Northern Ireland
Hi all

I have had to use Apple customer support recently and here is my little story.

I got the email about the overheating powerbook and exchange program. Went on their webite and keyed in my serial number of machine and battery and it said mine was not one of those effected , then I noticed that mine did lie in the range of serial numbers that was faulty.

So I phoned customer support to enquire, I was clearly transferred to some outsourced call centre in Asia. The lady I spoke to I could barely communicate with and I had to spend about 1/2 hour and spelled every word. (I told her I dont know why you need to ask me all this as I have an account with Apple store !)

Anyway she said my battery was faulty and I would get an email confirming all this and a new battery from the exchange program.

3 weeks later NOTHING so I phoned again. Got an equally pidgeon english asian man and I spent another 1/2 hour trying to talk to him (more spelling every word). He put me onto his supervisor who's only concern seemed to be why I did not get an email rather than finding out if the battery had actually been dispatched or not. He said he would ring me back but never did.

Phoned them again an blew my head at them:mad: , 40 minutes this time and they tried to imply that my battery had already been exchanged and I was trying something on.:rolleyes:

Eventually after being asked to be put through to apple customer relations I was told a new battery was being dispatched and I have an order number. But I will believe it when I see it.

This is shocking for such a simple request what the hell would it be like to try to explain about some complex techincal fault with your computer. :eek:

This has seriously put me off buying another Apple Computer no matter how good they are. Will talk to customer relations today to see what they say

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
the simple answer to your question is no.

normally you will get pretty good service, but i have to say after using Apple customers services for many years i have never been put thru to any Asian call centre's.

a few italians, french or even irish. obviously the irish was the most difficult to understand ;)

sounds like you have had an unlucky experience there.....and not worth stopping me buying a mac to be honest

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.