Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skyever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
I'm using Macbook Pro 15' 2011 early

2 weeks ago, I was playing X-Com on my Bootcamp.

the day after I played X-Com, my macbook was having booting trouble :(

it turned out that the graphic chipset was burned. :mad:

I just got my macbook back after replacing the logic board and I am so scared to play X-Com(one of the greatest game I've ever played!!) again!!:D

When I was playing x-com, I realized that the fans weren't making much noise

So my question is... is fan controller program on bootcamp needed to play games??

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
NO it is not necessary at all.

I have played hundreds/thousands of hours of games on my macbook pro since March 2011.

Compared to some PC laptops I don't think the fans when going full on are that loud if you have your game volume at a reasonable level.

I done a 24 hours games marathon for charity recently and played the ARMA2 mod DayZ for 24 hours non stop on my macbook pro and it was perfectly fine.

If you are having problems with the hardware then take it back to apple as this shouldn't be happening.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
if your machine feels very hot, but the fans aren't spinning fast.. you may want to try resetting the SMC. If you have a new logic board, you have a new SMC, and it may not be an issue for you, you'll have to try and see. You can just be safe and spin them up manually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.